ABOUT THE FOUNDATION
THE REID FOUNDATION FOR LUPUS
Updated May 3, 2021
Information That We CollectPersonal Information
We collect personal information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and other data that you choose to provide to us (“Personal Information”). Personal information does not include deidentified or aggregate data. We may ask you to provide Personal Information when you contact us through the Website, register for membership or events with TRFFL, post comments on our Website, respond to surveys, and at other times.
If you correspond with TRFFL via e-mail, the postal service, or other forms of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein to respond to your inquiry or for the purpose of sending you TRFFL news or other information. If you do not wish to receive such notifications, you may express a preference not to be contacted by e-mailing us using the contact information on our Website.
Cookies, Usage Data, Advertising, and Online Tracking
The type of information we normally collect (“Usage Data”) includes:
- Domain name
- The name of your internet service provider (“ISP”)
- The website that referred you to us, if any
- The date and time the pages were accessed
- The page or pages you requested
- Links clicked
- Unique Device Identifiers (“UID”)
- Time spent on our Website
- Website Operation: Cookies help us run our Website securely and enable basic functions like page navigation.
- Performance and Analytics: Cookies help us analyze how you interact with our Website. This enables us to monitor and improve our Website performance, services and your experience. The Usage Data we collect helps us track how many users visit our Website, how long our users stay, how users interact with our Website, and other performance metrics. Your Usage Data may be combined with any Personal Information you provide to us.
How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to prevent Cookies from tracking your activity on our Website or your visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain Cookies or notify you when a Cookie is created. However, if you block Cookies, certain features on our Website may not work properly.
- How We Use Personal Information and When We May Share and Disclose Information Generally
We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you access to our Website
- Better understand access and use of our Website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
- Maintain, support and improve our Website
- Respond to user preferences, and for research and analytical purposes
- Respond to your requests or questions
- Otherwise communicate with you about TRFFL
- Personal Information That You Make Available to Others on Our Website
By using this Website, you may make some of your Personal Information available to others. For example, when you post a comment, photo, or other content, other users may be able to see the information that you choose to make available.
- Service Providers
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses who have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide services such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by TRFFL.
- Notice to California Residents
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, you may opt out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To do so, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly state your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and phone number.
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on our Website by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- Compliance With Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperated with government and law enforcement agencies and private parties when required by law. We may disclose your Personal Information to government or law enforcement agencies or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe that it is necessary or appropriate to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas); to protect the safety, property, or rights of TRFFL or of any third party; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or otherwise to comply with the law.
- Third-Party Websites and Links
Our Website may contain links to other third-party websites or allow others to send you such links. A link to a third-party’s website does not mean that we endorse the third party or that we are affiliated with them. We do not exercise control over these third parties and are not responsible for how these third parties may treat your Personal Information. Therefore, you access third-party websites at your own risk. You should read the privacy party and terms of service for third-party websites before providing them with any Personal Information.
- Children’s Privacy
This Website is intended for users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
- Processing in the United States
Your Personal Information and communications are maintained on servers and databases located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. By using this Website, you are agreeing to the collection, use, processing, storage, and transfer of your Personal Information to servers located in the United States.
- Communications Preferences